At Well Versed Copywriting, we like to be upfront about what you can expect when you're working with us.
These project terms and conditions are part of the contract you'll enter into when you engage us to create your content or deliver SEO services.
Please read them through carefully and get in touch if you have any questions on 1300 351 525 or email email@example.com
Last updated: 20 April 2023
For these terms and conditions, ‘you’ is the client, it’s employees and agents, and ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is Well Versed Copywriting, its employees and agents.
2. Additional Services
When we quote for a project, we want to eliminate ‘dead time’, such as chasing up responses to emails. This time doesn’t benefit you, and it costs our business. Other SEO copywriters might add a larger margin to their quote. We prefer to give you maximum visibility and control over your costs, so you only pay for the services you use.
- Additional face-to-face meetings you request.
- Liaison time for making changes to the project scope
- Liaison time or re-familiarisation time where we don’t receive information from you within the agreed time.
- Liaison time or re-familiarisation time where the project completion date is delayed by more than 1 month (and where we haven't directly caused that delay).
- Administration and project management related to any of the above tasks.
3. Our timelines
How we’ll work with you to keep the project on track. We’ll endeavour to deliver all work by the agreed deadline—or before. However, circumstances beyond our control – including major illness or family emergencies—may prevent us from getting work to you on time. We’ll inform you within two business days if any such events happen. We’ll also work with you to minimise the impact on project delivery. Unless we agree otherwise, you’ll provide feedback or information within 14 business days.
We’ll allocate time to work on your project for the periods indicated in the contract. If we're unable to complete work at these times because we haven't received information from you, we'll continue the project at the next opportunity. This may affect your project delivery times.
If a response or information from you is delayed by more than 21 business days, we may consider the project complete and invoice you for all work completed up to that date. Unless we’ve agreed otherwise, we’ll cost the work completed using a pro rata rate against the total project cost.
If you require urgent help — whether for a new project or because you haven’t got back to us in time on an existing project — we may add a ‘rush fee’ of 25% to that work.
4. Quotes and proposals
All quotes and proposals are valid for 14 days from submission date. All quotes include:
- Two rounds of revisions at no extra charge.
- One round of professional proofreading at no extra charge.
Your quote doesn't include (unless specifically stated):
- Liaison with other agents such as graphic designers or web developers.
- Face-to-face meetings (however, an initial 30-min Zoom discovery meeting is included).
- Zoom meetings outside of the initial creative brief. - Travel time for onsite meetings.
- Wire transfer fees.
Please pay on time.
Invoices must be paid within 14 calendar days unless we negotiate otherwise before entering into the contract. We may add a 10% charge for late payment.
If we decide to get help from a third-party organisation to recover a debt, you're also responsible for paying any additional costs involved in recovering that debt, including legal expenses.
6. Intellectual property
We’re creating something valuable for you. This section describes how you gain ownership of the end-product – and how we refer to it in our marketing or training.
You gain full intellectual property rights to the content we write when we receive complete final payment. Until then, we retain intellectual property for what we've written or edited.
Unless we agree otherwise, we reserve the right to refer to this project and your business name, and to use your logo and content for promotional or educational purposes.
7. Your Well Versed team
Managing the people who are working on your project.
Our contract is for the provision of services, rather than making specified personnel available.
Where we specify personnel, the percentage of time allocated is indicative only.
While we will make every effort to ensure specified personnel is available to do the work outlined, we may need to vary our team schedules. If that's the case, we'll let you know as soon as possible.
8. Managing feedback
Collaborating with you to refine the work.
Unless we agree otherwise, we require all feedback on written content to be provided via tracked changes in Word.
Your feedback will give specific actionable direction for what you want changed.
Keeping your trust, even when the project is finished.
If we’ve signed a separate confidentiality agreement with you, then that agreement will apply. We won’t disclose any information you indicate is confidential.
You won’t disclose any information about our pricing structure, processes, or project documents.
10. Exclusion of liability
Part of our ‘no surprises’ approach is covering every scenario – however unlikely.
We’ll endeavour to make sure our work doesn’t infringe on any copyright or other right of a third party.
However, we aren’t liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages that arise from our work for this project.
You are responsible for checking your content's factual accuracy and legal compliance.
We take pride in the quality of our work and check it carefully. However, we don’t guarantee work is 100% free from errors. You are responsible for final approval.
11. Disputed terms
What happens if this contract’s legality is disputed.
If any part of this contract is deemed to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed from this contract. Severing that part won’t affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of this contract.
1. Terms For these terms and conditions, ‘you’ is the client, it’s employees and agents, and ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is Well Versed Copywriting, its employees and agents. 2. Additional Services When we quote for a project, we want to eliminate ‘dead time’, such as chasing up responses to emails. This time doesn’t benefit you, and it costs our business. Other SEO copywriters might add a larger margin to their quote. We prefer to give you maximum visibility and control over your costs, so you only pay for the services you use. Additional face-to-face meetings you request. Liaison time for making changes to the project scope Liaison time or re-familiarisation time where we don’t receive information from you within the agreed time. Liaison time or re-familiarisation time where the project completion date is delayed by more than 1 month (and where we haven't directly caused that delay). Administration and project management related to any of the above tasks.